Thanks for joining us and taking part in what we hope will be a fun day out. This is page one of two, providing information on how to get to Ingliston, what to bring and what to do at registration. Page 2 has more information on the route, safety and the start process.
We have over 700 riders taking part and over 50 volunteers so a lot to organise to make it a successful day, if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the Facebook page. We are now unable to transfer or defer any riders but if you can’t make it please email. There will be no entries on the day.
The registration and start/finish is at the West end of the Ingliston showground between the A8 and the end of airport runway with the start exiting onto Lochend Road. If you are arriving by car or bike the 2nd gate off the A8 (Glasgow Road) will be open with Tour de Forth signs to direct you to the free parking. See the map in getting there under event information.
Registration will be open between 1400 and 1600 on Saturday 1st June at Mercy Corps, 96/3 Commercial Quay, Edinburgh, EH6 6LX and 0630 and 0745am on Sunday 2nd June at the start/finish zone at Ingliston. Please bring your ID to collect your participant pack which contains your bike number & cable ties to attach to your bike, a sticker for your helmet and a numbered page with your emergency contact details pre-filled. Please check the details are correct and rather than put holes in your special cycle top, we ask you to put this in your pocket (preferrably in a small plastic bag or holder) with your phone. The helmet sticker and bike number will identify you.
Please make sure your water bottles are full when you leave home as we do not have any water at Ingliston, there will be water at the Water station after Kincardine bridge (after 30 miles), as well as bananas and some snacks, please bring an energy bar to keep you going.
We will have some catering from Lets Eat with snacks and coffee available to purchase at the start. There will be portaloos at Ingliston and at the Water station. We will also have first aiders and bike mechanics from Edinburgh Bike Coop to try and fix those things you forgot about but they will not have time to service your bike so do get it checked out this week! The Radio Forth truck will be there to add to the atmosphere and Westwoods are going to lead a short warm up at 745am.
We hope that you have been making the most of the recent dry and sunny weather, and getting as many miles in as possible. We all know that we have to physically prepare but please don't forget to ensure your bike and kit are in their best condition as well.
To make the day as enjoyable as possible you'll find below a list of essential items for the day, some obvious and some not so.
Basic essentials- must haves!
• A mechanically sound bike…we recommend getting your bike serviced just before the event
• A helmet! Obvious, but essential
• A saddlebag; is great for storing the bits you'll need for the event
• Two spare inner tubes for your bike (tyres at 100psi will reduce the chance of a puncture)
• Tyre levers
• Pump to blow tyre up after you put the new tube in
• Multi tool to fix it when it all goes wrong
• Two full drink bottles on your bike with a carb/electrolyte drink
• Some food to go in your pocket (high carb bars and/or bananas), as well as some energy gels
• Money; a £10 or £20 note and debit or credit card
• A mobile phone in case of emergencies
• Take an extra layer of clothes and decide what to wear when you get there
• Cycling shorts with padding
• Chamois cream to prevent chafing of the undercarriage
• A rain jacket and suntan lotion – yes, we live in Scotland!
• Fingerless gloves, to keep your hands warm
The event is all about raising funds for Mercy Corps and Cash for Kids, please remember that there is a full Movistar and Cervelo Bigla kit for the top fund raisers and 5 sunglasses for the highest team fundraisers, all kindly donated by Endura. See more at prizes.
If you want to make a personal donation please use our donation page by clicking EverydayHero